Origins Oranges and Opening doors

An introduction to my life as I discover it. Hopefully things will remain interesting..

Monday, September 1, 2008

Have I been here before?

So it's my second or so week back at Syracuse University, my undergraduate alma mater home away from home citrus-y love.

I've been through another grueling but ultimately rewarding band camp experience (of whom our new freshman are really kick butt) and have finished my first week of classes.

There are lots of things to be expected - pay checks, reading assignments, football games, dining hall meals, long walks on the quad and such. You know, what every late teenage girl dreams about in her sophomore year.

With everything beginning again, I've found everything is a bit more familiar and easier to follow.

The whole freshman oblivion has worn off to a point (though I still find myself lost on campus when I'm directed to buildings I've never had to step foot in before, but I'm not the only one. Seniors I call for directions to previously mentioned buildings have no idea either where the heck this freaking class is located, so I'm kind of on my own to find it. But luckily I'm not horrendously shy in crowds, so I ask around till I'm directed appropriately) and a sense of repetition is making me more comfortable by the hour.

Therefore

I've begun this blog as assistance to my poor parents and other extraneous family members (both blood related and those persons close to my heart though not in my genealogy) who within their busy schedules have been following my older sister's blog rather religiously, so I figured that with my awful communication skills (insert inevitable jokes about my major here) any bit helps.

I've also been told that my writing is anecdotal enough to be enjoyable. Through this I aspire to improve upon those entertainment skills and maybe fix some simple grammatical errors as well.

enjoy, this is mainly for you.

3 Comments:

Blogger scordell said...

Ah, my journalistic little one, you've entered the blogging world. Good for you. I promise not to make too many jokes about your spelling, grammar, punctuation or sentence structure. However, this will be good practice for you. Just as there is no good writing, only good rewriting, the only way to improve your skill is practice practice practice.

Looking forward to future posts.

September 2, 2008 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger E.M. Cordell said...

NANNAAAAAAAA! Glad to see you've joined stowed away on the proverbial boat! I will put a link to your blog on my profile :).

LOVE YOU.

September 2, 2008 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Cordell said...

Hannah you really dance with words and swirl them around. Love you and your bravery. Thanks for keeping in touch. Don't forget to SKYPE

September 2, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home